Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hope Stamps Eternal Cupcake challenge

Happy Sunday. I hope you are having a fabulous holiday weekend. I am sad to say that I have worked most of the weekend, but on a happier note, this is my LAST full weekend with Gymboree.......I can't wait to have the whole summer OFF! What will I do with myself.....LOTS!

Today's card was made for Hope Stamps Eternals Cupcake challenge. No, if you are not familar with HSE, this would be the time to check out her store. She is in her last weekend of business, and ALL her merchandise is 50% off. She even has copics and the new cuttlebug folders.....but you have to hurry, these will not last.

Today's challenge was inspired by these gorgeous cupcakes (YUMMY). As always, when I look at an inspiration picture, I pick out things that stand out to me. In this pic, I see Brown, yellow,flowers, and gems. So I picked a image that I wanted to use and incorporated all these things into my card. This card that I made also has a very important purpose. I made this card for Bella Tucker.
Bella Tucker is an 8-year-old girl who attends South School Elementary in Londonderry, New Hampshire and is a member of the Phantom Gymnastics team. Bella came down with a near fatal infection on Easter Sunday. Doctors gave little hope for this third graders’ survival, but after five days in a coma she miraculously survived Streptococcus Pneumonia Sepsis with DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulation).

Unfortunately, her survival from this infection was not without significant cost. The infection caused extensive tissue damage, and on April 27, 2010, Bella underwent quadruple amputation surgery and is currently facing an extremely long and hard recovery at Children’s Hospital in Boston with extensive rehabilitation to follow, as she learns to live life without her limbs.

Fortunately, Bella has the love and support of her three older brothers and younger sister during these trying times. The family is suddenly faced with significant challenges, many of which can be eased with financial help. For example, their home in Londonderry, New Hampshire will need extensive modifications to accommodate a wheelchair. Bella's mother, who is also her primary insurance holder, must be by her side during the extensive rehabilitation process and therefore she will be unable to work, causing the family to lose significant income. Since her mother will be with her during this process, the family needs funds for daycare of their other children. Lastly, she will be faced with medical challenges for the rest of her life. Althogh, I don't personally know Bella, she is in the same Gymnastics circut as my daughter, as well as the same age. I will be having a card drive for her on my blog hopefully next week, and I will be giving away some Fab blog candy.

Well, I must head to work, we would love to have you play along this week! Make sure to add a direct link to your NEW creation on Mr Linky below by Saturday, June5th at 9 pm MT.
This is an Inspiration challenge, but please make sure your creation is truly inspired by this
cupcake and this challenge is linked in your post. If you upload to a public gallery like SCS
or PCP make sure to use keyword CIC61 so we can easily find you. Remember, no cupcake stamps are required! Rachel will post the Top 5 next Sunday.

Want some more inspiration???? Check out the amazing HSE team
Karen ~ Kelli ~ Piali ~ Teresa ~

3 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

It's Adorable!!!!! Such a sad (and yet happy that she survived) story! I will make up some cards for you!!!

Stef H said...

what an absolutely gorgeous card! love it!

hope your weekend was fabulous despite working!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, love all the flowers & butterflies and what a sad story about Bella!