Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's a Inky Impression's Saturday!!!

Happy Saturday!!!!! The weather here is New Hampshire is Hot and humid. I am not a humid kinda girl, but I am certainly not going to complain after the month of rain we had. How's the weather where you are????? I hope comfortable!!!

Today is Inky Impressions Saturday here at Scrap Creations. I have a card and some BIG NEWS for you!!!!


Inky Impressions holds a weekly challenge on Wednesdays and this weeks challenge was a "stitch in time", real or faux. I used my Angelica Bunny Hugs, and did some faux stitching. You see, I took a few sewing classes and I wasn't very good at it, so my sewing machine sits in my craft rook begging for some use, but I just can't deal with it. I think real stitching looks so much better, but no sense in doing something that isn't fun right (hehehe). So, I took out one of my stitch stamps and used that (thank god they make those).

Not only did I use this card for Inky Impression's stitching challenge, but this card also is good for SCS sketch challenge this week, and Blogger's Challenge (which is also a Stitch challenge) Wahooo I love when things work out like that.

Okay, not only did I stitch the front of my card, but I decorated the inside and did some stitching(stamping) on the inside. I only had a small amount of paper left and I wanted to use it up.

Are you ready for some BIG NEWS???? Inky Impressions is holding it's second DT call. Do you love these stamps???, well, you should try out. I would encourage all of you to try out for Inky Impressions design team. The images are sooooo cuteeeee!!!! If you interested, you can click here to read all the info.

So, with all that said, I hope you can come play with us for this weeks stitch challenge over at Inky Impressions, and I would encourage all of you to try out for Inky Impression's DT. Have a wonderful Saturday, and Happy Creating!!!!

17 comments:

Kristine said...

SUPER CUTE Kristen!! Love that stitch stamp!! how cute is that?!! I actually have some stitches line stamps too, but I have my sewing machine out all the time and I prefer to use that--even though I don't sew straight either!! I'm in the same boat as you...took some classes, but still suck at it, LOL. But I think uneven stitching gives it character! COME ON kristen, I CHALLENGE YOU to do another card and use that machine!! ;0)

Anyway, cute Angelica stamp, and your papers are super PRETTY!!

cats whiskers said...

Oh What a great card I just adore these little cuties and you have coloured her to perfection. Hope you are having a good weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Tenia Nelson said...

Great card!!

Shauna K said...

super cute!! loving the faux stitching! it certainly looks real, so why not go the easier way?! hehe, looks wonderful!

Basement Stamper said...

Very cute card, love that little girl. I love my machine, it's so much fun and so easy once you learn how to use it. Gina K has some great tutorials on her blog.

Go for it, I'm with Kristine, try the sewing!

Barb Hardeman said...

Just darling Kristen! Great layout, beautiful paper and wonderful stamped stitches too! Isn't if fun to knock out a couple of challenges in one card? Fabulous job...

Kerry D-C said...

CAAAAAAA_UTE!!!!! The inside is just lovely! :) I am impressed!! getting all fancy doing your insides...ooooh la la! :)

Rachel Hope said...

CUTE!!!!

And it is HOT here in Boise ID!

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Kristen. Love the way you've coloured Angelica and the papers also. Hugs Michele x

Anonymous said...

Sweet card-=---you did a fantastic job!

Michelle Quinno said...

Fantastic! Love what you did with this!

It does feel a little weird having hot weather after so long!

Margaret Raburn said...

Really cute card. Your stitching looks very nice and is a great touch with that image.

Lisa Bohler said...

Such an adorable card!!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is adorable Kristen! I love your papers! What pretty colors! The inside turned out lovely as well! :D

Anonymous said...

This is super cute! Your blog is awsome! I love your layout as well... great job on all your cards you do!

Ida said...

Very cute card. Love the sweet image and your stitched stamp is great along with the wonderful papers and pretty flowers.

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

HOLY WOWZA!!!!!! Wait, is that a word? LOL This card rocks Kristen! I have been so busy getting the 2nd releases ready so, I have not yet seen this! WAY TO GO, GIRL! I was looking at this thinking WOW, I have to buy a sewing machine, then I seen that it is a stamp..... Hmmm... It looks real to me. Well, Just wanted to tell you how nice this card is & YOU ROCK! HUGS! Nicole :)