Thursday, June 18, 2009

Three Clover Thursday: NO LAYERS



Did you see the title???? NO LAYERS Today is 3 Clover Thursday's challenge, and the challenge is to make a card with NO layers. Basically fold a piece of paper and make it pretty. Well, if you know me, no layers isn't even in my world. I am a DP layering queen. Well, a challenge wouldn't be a challenge unless we struggled a little right!

Actually, this was my second attempted, because the first one I pop dotted my flower and that was a extra layer. So, on this card here, I masked the flowers and words and then created. I believe this was my first time breaking out a SU set in months.
Fo no layers, I am satisfied, but if I decided to give it away, I will have to cut and layer it on a different piece of paper. I used copics and they bleed through. No biggie!

Well, I hope you all have a Thrilling Thursday and I hope to make it back tomorrow for bloggers challenge, Have a great day. Happy Creating!

12 comments:

Elena said...

I think this card is very beauitful! Ilove your second card too! Wonderful1

Michelle Quinno said...

That is so pretty, Kristen! I'd have a hard time with that challenge.

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card, Kristen! I love the combination of those stamps and they are perfect for this challenge. What a beautiful no layer card! Fantastic work!

Sharon said...

You did a great job of the challenge. Beautiful card.

Ida said...

Very nice. Love the pretty floral image and how you did your background around it.

Viv said...

You rose to this challenge certainly! I think this card is lovely!

Basement Stamper said...

Awesome job, love the colors and the flowers highlighted!

Maria said...

Beautiful card, Kristen!! Awesome job on the one layer challenge. . .it seems those one layer challenges are popping up every where! Beautiful job on your coloring. . .yeah, Copics bleed unfortunately.

Maria

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! I love the stamp.
Hugs, Vanja

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW!!! This is soooo pretty!!!!! I LOVE the look of the script with the flowers in the center.....very dynamic!!!!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

WoW! I love this card!!!!

kareN stampZ said...

very pretty see you can do one layer